SEO Internet Marketing, New Age Marketing Strategies
So, are you sick of the old traditional marketing strategies yet? Are you skeptical about starting a new business because the budget for traditional advertising and marketing costs is outrageous?
Old age marketing strategy
- Radio advertising
- TV advertising
- Passing out flyers
- Cold calling
Why isn’t traditional marketing working anymore?
- Advertising your business in a short a local newspaper ad is first off, only targeting a specific amount of circulation to a local audience and, maybe that’s all you’re going for, but it’s 2012—how many people are buying a newspaper these days when you can find the same information for free online? Rhetorical question—not many, at least, not many that we know of. And those that do still purchase a newspaper may or may not even be looking at your ads. So are you really getting your money worth with this strategy? Overall, most likely not.
- Let’s face it, who listens to the radio anymore when we have things like Pandora, which categorizes our music by genre with a minimal amount of advertising interruption; Youtube, which allows us to pull up almost any song we want in a matter of seconds, XM radio, Serius radio, you name it. If we don’t have to listen through what seems like 20 minutes of radio commercials, we simply don’t have to anymore. Good for consumers, bad for business marketing!
- TV ads? Three letters, DVR. We live in a world where consumers want what they want when they want it, even while they’re being lazy. When DVR allows a customer to record their favorite TV shows and fast-forward commercials, don’t think for a second the average individual is going to watch your ad because they feel bad that you paid for it to be on there.
- Passing out flyers? It’s actually a pretty safe move if you as a business owner plan to pass them out yourself. Or you could pay someone else to handle the job. Here’s the problem with this—besides printing out hundreds of paper that (safe to say) 90% of people will throw away regardless of reading, plus there’s no guarantee your employee isn’t going to sit in his car with the air on for a few hours while you think they’re actually walking or driving around to pass them out. Even if those hundreds of flyers are getting circulated, you still have to target those businesses or neighborhoods, and while no one likes to be bothered on their day off, they especially don’t have time while they’re working.
- Cold calling. HA! Before caller ID was invented you may have a pretty good chance of someone answering the phone. Even mobile devices now have applications where you can block telemarketers from calling. And let’s face it, unless you like talking on the phone you probably won’t want to take on the challenge of telemarketing yourself.
New Age marketing strategy – SEO Internet Marketing
It’s simple—what’s in it for you are customers/clients/business! In other words, you don’t have to spend a ridiculous amount of money when there’s no guarantee you will even be visible to your target audience because they’re already searching for you ONLINE. They’re not buying local newspapers searching for the latest deal or spiel, they’re comparing your business to your competition ONLINE. They’re not tuning the radio station listening for why they should come to your business; they’re tuning you out by going ONLINE. They don’t care what you’re advertising on TV, they want to see who won the last round of American Idol. Those pretty flyers you spent hours on or paid someone else to spend hours on, sadly end up in the dumpster, unread.
There’s no doubt that some of the traditional methods do still work, but more often than not, it’s for the bigger corporations that can fit millions of dollars into their marketing and advertising budget. If you’re a small to medium sized business, or even just getting started, “work smarter not harder”. Dominate leads by utilizing the internet, and optimizing the search engines (SEO). If you’re unable to understand how SEO and Internet marketing work, that’s what we the experts are here for. Call today 1877.780.5619 and the team at DesignThisWebsite.com will be more than happy to give you a free consultation.